Interactive Training Services is an approved provider of the WorkSafe Victoria Health and Safety Representatives OHS training courses.
Click below to view our current course dates and enrol
Duration: 5 Days
When an HSR, or deputy HSR is first elected, we recommend they do the initial HSR training course as soon as possible.
The learning objectives of our health and safety representative courses are:
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR role
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing DWG members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work
Duration: 1 Day
To be effective in your elected role as a HSR, you need to continually improve and develop your knowledge of occupational health and safety. You should also aim to keep improving your skills in communicating, consulting and negotiating. The HSR refresher program is designed to revise and build on your knowledge of occupational health and safety and the skills gained during the Initial WorkSafe approved course for health and safety representatives.
Under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing an initial course of HSR training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend HSR refresher training and to choose the course in consultation with their employer.